How to Clear Up Cloudy Pool Water after a Rainstorm In Loomis CA
- by Loomis Pool Service
Feb 04, 2019
Rainwater can make your swimming pool cloudy in a hurry. We just had a big storm today here in the Loomis, California area and have a number of swimming pools that were flooded..
Make sure you have good circulation and filtration.
- Having clean skimmer baskets and a filter pump basket is a must.
- Check your filter pressure to make sure it is not higher than normal. If it is you will want to Clean it ASAP.
- Make sure you drain off any additional water in your swimming pool. If you have a built in drain you will not have to do this.
Test your Chlorine and pH
- You will want to test your pool chemicals.
- Make sure you have enough free chlorine.
- If your pool water is really cloudy you may need to shock or super chlorinate the water.
Leave the pool equipment running
- Cartridge filters could take a couple of days or more.
- DE filter it could take a matter of hours.